On Wednesday, May 6th, 2015, CSI’s Alternative in the Community (AIC) staff were honored at the quarterly Quality Assurance Forum held by the Judicial Branch Court Support Services Division.
The ceremony began with opening remarks made by Lisa Brandes, CSI’s Director of Training, QA, and HR. She announced that this was her last QA Forum, as she will be relocating to Florida. She has worked with the AIC’s for 22 years and has seen the services grow by leaps and bounds. Following Ms. Brandes’ introduction, Judy McCusker, CSI’s Trainer/QA Manager, introduced the staff that provide valuable coaching, training, and support to the award recipients.
CSSD’s Executive Director Stephen Grant followed Judy’s introductions with remarks on the state of the AIC’s in Connecticut. Mr. Grant expressed his satisfaction with the AIC’s growth and outcomes, stating “after 35 years of doing this work, the activities that surround the work that is being done drive the historic outcomes that Connecticut is achieving. It has become clear that QA is being done to build capacity and change criminal behavior and criminal thinking”.
Following Mr. Grant’s comments, CSI staff received awards in a number of categories:
- Engagement – Lisa Fox (Danbury AIC)
- Role Models – Lori Hayducky and Jason Wernick (both Bridgeport AIC)
- Female Responsive – Chelsea Ennis (Norwich AIC) and Erin Galipeau (New London AIC)
- Rookies – Dino Maulucci (Torrington AIC)
- David Carter and Fadwa Najamy (Danbury AIC), Maria Clow, Lori Hayducky, and Jocelyn Kingwood (Bridgeport AIC)
WOCM Officer Awards
- John Baldwin (Norwich Probation Office. Mr. Baldwin works with Norwich AIC.)
CSSD’s Barbara Lanza made the ceremony’s closing remarks, thanking and congratulating all of the award recipients. She noted that the most recent re-arrest rates for AIC’s are a very low 26%, down from last quarter’s 28%.
CSI would like to thank all of its staff integral to AIC success, including the award winners, their coworkers, training staff, Program Directors, Area Directors, and administration.